Crazy-ass dreams from the messed-up mind of Micara

Thursday, August 26, 2010

All the things one has forgotten scream for help in dreams. ~Elias Canetti

Okay, y'all, today is gonna be short and sweet. It is kinda sweet, actually!

Dreamdate: August 26, 2010. Sometime between 3:00a.m. and 10:00a.m.

PDA: I was watching episodes of "The Colony" online, but I don't know what that really has to do with anything.

Setup: This one has to do with my pal Rick from England. Apparently, I am touring the world via my dreams.

In my dream, I was standing on a corner outside my prior place of employment, and it was winter and very icy out. Rick was driving this small, blue car and he pulled up alongside the corner. I jumped in, gave him a hug, and then jumped back out, leaving my purse in his car. I start walking towards work and I remember that I left my purse, and proceed to run back towards the car, slipping and sliding on the ice on the sidewalk. By the time I got back, Rick was of course gone, and I never did get my purse back. The end.

I think maybe this dream has to do with losing something and not being able to retrieve it. It could be my diamond ring that I misplaced several years ago and still can't find, or it might be something more profound like losing my cousin Nikki to a terrible accident last week. Any thoughts?

Until next time, Dream On!

3 comments:

  1. That's a good thought. I want to find out how one would interpret dreams. Books by Freud, here I come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might I suggest "I Had the Strangest Dream...: The Dreamer's Dictionary for the 21st Century" by Kelly Sullivan Walden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete